Changing layers of Objects and Groups

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Apr 3 12:08:06 EDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Dave wrote:

> I tried that, but it doesn't work, at least in RunRev 2.8.0.370 on
> Intel Mac it doesn't. Given the following setup:
>
> 01  GroupA
> 02    GroupB                                    (Inside GroupA)
> 03       Object1OfGroupB
> 04       Object1OfGroupB
> 05       Object1OfGroupB
> 06     GroupC                                   (Inside GroupA)
> 07       Object1OfGroupC
> 08       Object1OfGroupC
> 09       Object1OfGroupC
> 10     GroupD                                   (Inside GroupA)
> 11       Object1OfGroupD
> 12       Object1OfGroupD
> 13       Object1OfGroupD
>

> 14  GroupE  (not in a Group)
>

> If I set the later of GroupE to 1, it becomes layer 1 and GroupA
> becomes layer 2. If I set the layer of GroupE to 2, it becomes
> layer 2 (inside GroupB) and all the other object layers increase by
> one.

Dave,

I just tried the setup you have above and it worked.  I started with
the following:

GroupA
     GroupB
         Control
         Control
     GroupC
         Control
         Control
     GroupD
         Control
         Control
GroupE
     Control

I then ran this code:

set the layer of group "GroupE" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1
set the layer of group "GroupD" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1
set the layer of group "GroupC" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1
set the layer of group "GroupB" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1

and ended up with this:

GroupA
     GroupB
         Control
         Control
     GroupC
         Control
         Control
     GroupD
         Control
         Control
     GroupE
         Control

I can send you an example stack if you wish.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
trevor at bluemangolearning.com