Question (more or less) about arrays

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 3 11:15:44 EDT 2007

jbv wrote:

> Richard Gaskin a *crit :
>> But here's the tough question:  if "var" contains an array, then no
>> valid data can be returned by accessing it without the name of one of
>> its keys.  So what should "var" return when checked directly?
>
> One option is to return the same thing as when using "the keys of var",
> IOW the list of the keys of the array...

How would one distinguish between an array and a non-array which
contains any return-delimited list?

I don't think it's a bad idea, just playing with it a bit as we try to
hone in on what exactly we might request for this.

> Anyway, returning empty is probably the most disturbing option !

I'll agree that it's less than helpful, but if we thought about it long
enough I'm sure we could come up with something worse. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation