"New Table Object" (sort of) Problem

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Tue Apr 3 10:53:17 EDT 2007

I'm trying to create a REAL table object (hopefully reusable), and I'm
getting close.  What I've done is create a Header group that has
non-functioning buttons (for right now) that goes across the top.  I
then created a group of fields that butt up against each other and
formatted to the same width as the header group.  This group will be one
row of my table.  I will need as many copies of this group as there are
rows returned from a query.

This works fine as long as there are fewer rows returned than the size
of the screen.  I'm copying the row group into another group that I want
to use as a scrolled container with a scrollbar on the side so any rows
that go "below" the area of this group should not be visible until they
are scrolled into view (and the rows above should go away as they are
scrolled off the top of the containing group.

The problem is that the new rows just keep on going right to the bottom
of the screen.  How can I make a scrolled box of groups?

Thanks

Len Morgan