Lost All Audioclip playback on Intel Mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 3 00:45:14 EDT 2007

www.MeltingPotBar.com wrote:
> All audioclips have stopped playing on the intel.  The same stacks have
> normal audio on other  machines. Have downloaded a new version of both
> media and studio for the intel but to no avail.  I can import a new
> audioclip, it shows it is there, but it is totally silent.  It will
> however, play external files with a player just fine.  Attempts to play
> from the message box result in silence, but it puts a number in the
> return field, which increases by 1 each time you attempt to play.  Put
> the playLoudness returns either 0 or 65,750.  Trying to set the
> playLoudness from the messagebox does not yield an error, but it also
> does not seem to change as "put the playLoudness" immediately afterwards
> shows no change in number.
> Any help or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

This happens to me every time I run Audacity. Apple has a Knowledge Base
article about it:

Basically, some apps set the sample rate higher than other apps can play
back. It isn't just Rev; I also lose all system sounds when it happens.
You need to use MIDI Setup to reset your audio sample rate to 44100.0 Hz.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com