copy protection

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Apr 3 00:08:42 EDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Viktoras Didziulis wrote:

> Hi,
> what tricks do you usually use to tie an application to a CD to
> prevent it
> from being copied ? Are there any "native" tricks that can be
> implemented in
> Rev? No extremely strong protection is required, just to prevent
> ordinary
> users copying and redistributing a live cd database app until about
> 200
> copies of it are sold. Well I know the most simple way is to write
> "Please
> do not make copies of this CD", but usually it is not very
> efficient ;-)

Preventing a CD from being copied is not possible.  Preventing
content on a CD from being usable after being copied is possible to
some degree.  If your product fills a small niche, then you have a
chance with protection.  It just won't be worth cracking if the app
does not apply to the general public or provide some notoriety of
some sort.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software