copy protection

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Apr 2 19:38:44 EDT 2007

Viktoras Didziulis wrote:
> what tricks do you usually use to tie an application to a CD to prevent it
> from being copied ? Are there any "native" tricks that can be implemented in
> Rev?

Well, I do believe that Sony attempted to use the AutoStart feature of
most systems on a root level in order to thwart the copy of discs... but
then some hackers figured out a way to exploit Sony's software to
deliver viruses.  And I'm pretty sure Sony was sued and lost.  I don't
know the specifics, but I would do some searches.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software

Compress photos easily with JPEGCompress
www.dreamscapesoftware.com