Valentina license

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Sep 30 03:46:44 EDT 2006

On 9/30/06 2:35 AM, "Stephen Barncard" <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
wrote:

Hi Stephen,

>> P.S. (sorry for kind of advertise, which I consider as information):
>
> yes, I need to know this.
>
> Ruslan, I've gone a long way into my project. I have questions:
>
> 1. Does Valentina run the main MySQL syntax as is, or is it very different.

Valentina 2 supports STRICTLY SQL92 (we have use papers of ANSI)

    + we add some useful SQL extensions that can be found in mySQL
        and other dbs. For example CREATE TABLE IF EXISTS

    + we have own unique Valentina extensions of SQL

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vsql:reference:sqlgrammar

So answer yes, if you have write SQL which follow SQL92 then it should be
easy.

    The only feature of Relational model that we have not implement
    so far -- ability to make Primary and Foreign Key on few fields.
    Because I am sure this is bad idea do such keys in db structure.
    We will add this soon. Just to be more compatible.

Valentina have like mySQL a rich set of functions, so here also all right.

> 2. Is there a tool like CocoaMySQL (macintosh) to administer the
> Valentina Database?

Valentina Studio.

> 3. You quoted a developer price for Valentina - $199 - is that for
> one seat, deployed on any number of applications?

$199 - this is for ADK like Valentina for Revolution. Single Platform.
        yes this is for developer seat.
        this not include server.

--------
For Application developers that want distribute server we have
    VDN - Valentina Developer Network.

Our license is very simple and flexible. :-)

Flexibility and many options sometimes confuse people.
Our license is made to satisfy even such $30 - app - developers.

VDN price $599
You pay this ONCE, and you get

* Valentina Embedded Server - 5 connection. Royalty free

    - so you can sale even millions copies of your app with vserver
    - you can develop any number of applications.
    - you get during 2 or 4 years free updates of all new versions.

* Valentina for Revolution itself. As separate product its price $299.

* You get Valentina Office Server - 5 connections for MAC and for WIN.
    for no-resale and use in your home/office on 2 computers (mac+win)

    As separate product Valentina Office Server/5 has price $300.
    So this is value $300 + $300 = $600

* also you get Valentina Studio ($60) GUI tool to manage database as locally
so remotely.

* also you get batch of 10 connections for resale ($200).

Total: for $600 VDN you get :

    Valentina for Revolution         300
    Vserver Office win/5             300
    Vserver Office win/5             300
    Valentina Studio                  60
    10 connection                    200
    ------------------------------------
                                    $1160

    + Valentina Embedded Server - royalty free - how to estimate price? ;-)
    + 2-4 years free upgrade
    + FREE support
    + you can use with VServer Office or Vserver Embedded
        ANY other Valentina Client for FREE
            Valentina for RB, Director, PHP,
                  .NET, C/C++, Cocoa, COM, VB, Delphi,...

> 4. The cost of the Valentina server - per user?

    * ZERO if you use royalty free Embedded Server with
        5 simultaneous connections.

    * any additional connection can be as low as $1-20
        depending on option you choose.

------------------------------
For more details please read our site, also many info about this present in
in our WIKI. IT is hard gove many info in single letter :-)

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:licensi
ng:licensing

About engine (in short):

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen