Quicktime question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Sep 29 22:23:13 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06 9:15 PM, "David Bovill" <david at openpartnership.net> wrote:

> A quick question - I have a QuickTime mp4 - which plays fine in
> QuickTime Player - but with Rev o the intel PowerMac I have here - the
> fan goes really crazy and the film stutters a bit. What"s the low down
> on the difference in getting QuickTime to play movies from QuickTime
> Player or Rev?

Are you playing this through a standalone or the Rev IDE? Because if it's a
standalone, you'll have to build it as a Universal Binary or Intel Only
standalone otherwise QuickTime will be interpreted through the Rosetta
interpreter and will slow down QT playback...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com