Simulating Keystrokes

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Sep 29 14:02:32 EDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> On Mac OS X, you could use AppleScript GIU scripting.

Windows has WSH, the windows scripting host that can handle scripting
in several languages with VBBcript and JScript built in.  Any of the
languages have access to the object WSHShell which has the method
SendKeys.  You might have to activate the window.  I don't think
these are recognized by 'do', so you will need to use shell() with
cscript.  You can probably find examples of the script you need online.

I have seen some tools around.

And you can make an external.

I don't know the situation if the app should not be brought forward.

To simulate sending a control-alt-del, start the task manager.  I
think you can send the rest to a process.

Dar