[OT] Re: Filthy Apples

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 11:40:43 EDT 2006

I had no intention, in my original posting, of
implying that Apple computers were filthier than any
other manufacturer . . .

I am absolutely sure that all computers are filled
with filthy muck!

And, as another poster pointed out, that is the price
for fancy technology.

But filthy muck may not have to go on being the price
of fancy technology - and as we are all paying our
hard-earned money to the companies that manufacture
the fancy technology we might consider changing some
of our "feature requests" from ever more
mind-bogglingly fast processors (face it when was the
last time you managed to have gulp of your favourite
drink before the fancy technology made its next move?)
to technology that is fancy in a different way.

To speed this on its way I propose that a fund should
be set up; all people who purchase computers should be
obliged to deposit 1 US dollar per machine purchased
into it - as a prize for the person who can first
produce a computer that contains no poisonous metals .
. .

OK, OK, . . . I am finding it difficult to get the
monitor I designed from potatoes to feature multiple
resolutions :)

facetious, or not, it might be sensible to cut down on
the Cadmium!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006