A bug in the revSpeechVoices function?

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Fri Sep 29 10:23:07 EDT 2006

It is in the subject ;-)
I run DreamCard 2.6.1 build 152 (sorry!)

I wonder if this bug is known - and if it is solved in the newer
Revoltion versions...

the help says:
=====
revSpeechVoices([voiceGender])

revSpeechVoices()
revSpeechVoices("female")
put revSpeechVoices("neuter") into button "Voices Menu"

See also: revSetSpeechVoice command, revSpeak command

Description
Use the revSpeechVoices function to find out what voices can be used to
speak text on the current system.

Parameters:
The voiceGender is one of "male", "female", or "neuter". If you don't
specify a voiceGender, all voices are returned.
====

in fact, revSpeechVoices() only gives all the voices (OK)
revSpeechVoices("female") gives only the female voices (OK)...
but revSpeechVoices("male") et revSpeechVoices("neuter") give also the
female voices!!

it is to make a small english pronunciation stak for my son
(a very difficult subject for the french people ;-))