Delayed Mouse Clicks

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Sep 29 07:42:15 EDT 2006

Hi Sarah and Trevor,

> On 9/29/06, Trevor Hopkins <tjhopkins224 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a button that, when clicked, runs a process that takes a
>> few seconds.
>> I'd like to do a little error prevention and prevent the user from
>> accidentally clicking on it multiple times while it is already
>> processing.
>> Currently, if the button is clicked and then clicked multiple
>> times before
>> the first process is done, the mouseUp script will run over and
>> over again
>> after each script is completed.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> My preference is to disable the button at the start of the mouseUp
> handler and enable it again at the end.

Simple and beautiful solution :-)

>> Secondly, does anyone know of a way to change the dock's icon (OS
>> X) of your
>> application while it is running?
> Yes, this is now possible although unsupported. If you set "the icon"
> to the ID of a suitable image i.e. 128 x 128 pixels or less, then the
> dock icon changes to match. Check the "What's New.txt" file in your
> Rev folder for more details.

Although officially unsupported, this feature seems to be that mature
that
even RunRev relies on it!

The dock icon showing the actual version number is generated "on the
fly"
at the startup of Rev and it works just fine, so i think this is a
usable feature
right now.

> Cheers,
> Sarah