Revolution, MySQL vs FileMaker

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu Sep 28 20:22:31 EDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 1:26 AM, Luis wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> You have to be careful with some providers, quite a few of them
> will not allow remote connections, only local access (such as using
> php on the server) to server the data.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luis.

If your site has cPanel, there is a section where you can add access
hosts by IP, in a box that also says:

Host (% wildcard is allowed):

the % means any remote client can connect (if they know the username,
password and domain)

I examined security issues, but if someone can sniff this info they
can also sniff the info you're passing to serverside middleware and
so I don't see how this is any more insecure than other options.