edit xmp metadata: developers needed

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Sep 27 06:01:44 EDT 2006

Henk, at
http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/51844.htm

it describes a typical xmp packet as:

<?xpacket begin='x' id='W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d'?>
... 700 bytes of XML data text ...
... 500 bytes of XML whitespace as padding ...
<?xpacket end='w'?>

so if I understand this right, something like

  put URL ("binfile:" & yourJpeg) into tData
  put offset("<?xpacket begin", tData) into startChar
--- if startChar = 0 then presumably there is no xmp packet....
  put offset("<?xpacket end",tData) -1 into endChar
put char startChar to endChar of tData into tXML
get offset(">",tXML)
delete char 1 to it of tXML

would leave the actual XML data in the variable tXML.

A possible starting point, anyway.

Best,

Mark