about Galaxy

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 00:54:16 EDT 2006

> But maybe if in my script I change the tool mode prior to accessing 'the
> clipboardText' I might reset the 'anomaly' and get the data back....

About the 'getting the text from TextEdit to Rev' via the clipboard, I found
the same inconsistency with BBEdit as the word processor.  My solution is
actually to
(watch word wrap)

 put quote into q
  put merge("tell app [[q]]TextEdit[[q]] to get the text of the front
document") into cmd
  do cmd as applescript
  put the result into theTextIWant
put char 2 to -2 of theTextIWant into theTextIWant  --quote ends
replace ("/"&q) with q in theTextIWant  --escaped quotes

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas