externals and Rev 2.7.x

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Sep 26 17:59:42 EDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 2:41 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> If you are setting externals manually then it doesn't matter where
> you put them.  You just have to make sure your path is correct.
> The path will be relative to the engine, not the alias to the
> engine that Rev creates.

I have been using paths relative to the defaultFolder.  It might be
that Rev looks both places, but since Rev starts up with the default
folder at the application (standalone or engine) then I suspect that
the key is defaultFolder.

Chris, could you have changed the default folder?

Try something like this when changing the default folder:

*************
try
    put the defaultFolder into savedDefaultFolder
    set the defaultfolder to defaultFolderForThisTask
    ... blah blah blah ...
catch e
finally
    set the defaultFolder to savedDefaultFolder
end try

The idea is to minimize the chance that it gets left with a value you
didn't expect.

Dar