Progresss while executing AppleScript

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 09:51:51 EDT 2006

Not that I've been able to find. Even the syntax:

send "theHandlerName" to this stack in 1 millisecond

doesn't stop the AppleScript blocking the whole app.

The only workaround I can think of is to have a second "helper app"
with no GUI which you use to handle all the AS functions in the
background, but this gets a bit over-complex.

Ian