Saving App-Specific Docs

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 08:36:09 EDT 2006

I suppose you could use a .rev file, and have the textual data embedded
in it.
I just tried opening a .rev file in TextEdit: Some things are readable,
others are erm... weird.
Other than that is create your own extension, like a mydoc.whatever and
only read from those files with that extension: But you'd have to create
your own 'encoding' in order for it to not be opened/understood by any
other app. A text file can be opened by any text editor, regardless of
the extension, so here is where encoding will obfuscate the data.

Any bit shifting of the file data or shifting the character set would be
the easiest way to do this, IMO. Just remember that you have to reverse
the process to get the stuff back out!

Cheers,

Luis.