Rev cgi & libUrl

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 08:19:15 EDT 2006

On 26 Sep 2006, at 11:05, jbv wrote:

> the typical script I'm running is :
>
>          start using stack "liburl_1.1.5_minus.rev"
>          get URL "http://www.google.fr"
>
> My ISP has configured the server so that http/https requests can be
> made from within cgi scripts, and this works fine, but then, the last
> lines of the script
>
>          put "Content-Type: text/html" & cr & cr
>          put myHTML
>
> hang forever and never get displayed in the browser...
> note : myHTML contains different code that the one captured via
> get URL... and the HTML code sent back to the browser is bug-free...
>
> I tried to insert
>     stop using stack "liburl_1.1.5_minus.rev"
> after "get URL..." but it didn't change anything...
>

> I must confess that I'm puzzled... What do you guys think ? Is it a
> server configuration problem, or is there anything in libUrl that I'm
> missing ?

Something similar arose recently.  The likely problem is that the
socket used by the url request is still open when the cgi process
ends, and Apache (or the OS, or something) doesn't like this.

Two things you could try:

1.  Before the url request, add this line:

   set the httpHeaders to "Connection: close"

or

2.  At the end of the script, close all open sockets. Something like
this

   repeat for each line s in the openSockets
     close socket s
   end if

Cheers
Dave