Anyone using Rev with GIS applications?

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Tue Sep 26 06:56:45 EDT 2006

Hi John,

I'm involved in a GIS research project (KMap, GMap, AJAX, Apache,
PHP, MapServer, Shapefiles, PostgreSQL, PostGIS as main components)
but i never tought, for yet, to use Rev as an client side front-end
viewer. I would be very interested to know about if you can get
interesting results in about this.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

Pierre

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone currently using Revolution with GIS mapping applications?
> I have investigated PostgreSQL and PostGIS and know that is a place
> I can store the GIS data and locality information, but wondered if
> anyone is displaying GIS maps inside Rev? I have just downloaded a
> product called uDIG which is an open source GIS product that may
> provide the rendering/layering/interpretation engine but need to
> display the resulting images. I suppose I could use a HTML viewer?
>
> Any help or comments apprectiated.
>
> Kind regards
>
> John Tregea

Pierre Sahores