Rev cgi & libUrl

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Tue Sep 26 06:05:23 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I'm facing a strange problem. I have Rev cgi 2.5 running fine
on a Linux box. In one of my scripts I'm using libUrl (the version
for cgi is liburl_1.1.5_minus.rev which I found at
www.lacscentre.co.uk/liburl/releases.html

the typical script I'm running is :

         start using stack "liburl_1.1.5_minus.rev"
         get URL "http://www.google.fr"

My ISP has configured the server so that http/https requests can be
made from within cgi scripts, and this works fine, but then, the last
lines of the script

         put "Content-Type: text/html" & cr & cr
         put myHTML

hang forever and never get displayed in the browser...
note : myHTML contains different code that the one captured via
get URL... and the HTML code sent back to the browser is bug-free...

I tried to insert
    stop using stack "liburl_1.1.5_minus.rev"
after "get URL..." but it didn't change anything...

I must confess that I'm puzzled... What do you guys think ? Is it a
server configuration problem, or is there anything in libUrl that I'm
missing ?
I'm asking here first because my ISP isn't very collaborative, and
most of all hasn't heard of Rev and doesn't want to hear about it...

Thanks in advance,
JB