Package for Windows -- Best Practice

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Sep 24 23:14:03 EDT 2006

I just had my first standalone for Windows which put a .dll (the rev xml
lib) into an externals folders. So, this is the first time I'm
distributing  a windows standalone which requires additional components.
It seems obvious, but correct me if I am wrong:

1) make a new folder   "New Rev App"
2) move "New Rev App.exe" and "externals" (folder) into the new folder.
3) zip the whole thing.

Windows users will download

NewRevApp.zip; unpack it and get a folder on their desktop
/New Rev App/ which contains the application and the externals folder.

Is this all the correct way to do it?

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/