Digest Reply Link

Peter Brigham pmbrig at comcast.net
Sun Sep 24 17:55:57 EDT 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:40:05 -0700 Mark Wieder <mwieder at hidden> wrote:

++++++++
Re: Digest Reply Link

Richard-

Maybe we could turn the problem inside-out:
It shouldn't be too hard to toss together a lil' Rev stack that displays
the list archives and handles setting up reply emails.

The archives are here:
pipermail/use-revolution/</a>

A little UI, a couple libURL calls, and it's done....

Actually I've been waiting for someone to do that for a while now. My
ArchiveSearch plugin does allow you to do that, but it's a search
engine rather than a message browser. I'm not sure the archives lend
themselves to browsing readily in that manner, but I do think a rev
solution would be nice.

-- -Mark Wieder
  mwieder at hidden
++++++++

It's been done, in one form, at least. I have a stack called
RevDigests Reader, created by someone on this list, a while back. I
use it to reply to this list. I can't find any credits in the stack
on a quick perusal, and I can't remember who authored it. Age-related
dementia strikes again. It allows you to read messages individually
and reply to the list with a button-click. Unless that was a feature
that I tweaked separately.... (I have a habit of customizing things
for my own use.) It should be available somewhere in the userspaces,
IIRC.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig/

Any universe simple enough to be understood
  is incapable of evolving a brain complex
  enough to understand it.