mySQL problem... HELPPPPPP

Ton Kuypers tkuypers at dmp-int.com
Sat Sep 23 13:18:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've ran into a very strange problem and tried everything to solve it
but no luck so far. Maybe someone else can shed a light on what's
happening here...

I have an application that connects to a mySQL database.
I have a record in the Jobs table, containing various related records
in the Joblines table.
When I update a record in Jobs, a few fields get modified in the Jobs
table and a new record is created in the Joblines table.
What is shown is based on a userID, so when a job is sent to another
user, the UserID changes.

To refresh the screen I just create a query that shows all relevant
jobs of a user, when he clicks on a job, all joblines are retrieved
from mySQL.

The strange thing is, that when I update the jobs, the old ones are
still there, even when the UserID is not correct anymore.
Using the same query in CocoaMySQL gives the correct result.
When I click on a Job, I can see the correct (new) userID is in the
record, but the query still retrieves it.

I even removed all extra stuff and just sent the query (giving the
correct result in CocoaMySQL) using the revDataFromQuery command, but
I keep on getting the same (incorrect) result :-(

Anyone any suggestions?

I'm running RR version 2.7.2 on OS X, using a mySQL 4.1 database with
the MyISAM engine

Warm regards,

Ton Kuypers
Digital Media Partners bvba