about Galaxy

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Sat Sep 23 11:02:19 EDT 2006

> It would be more convenient to the end-users if all these
> products would be integrated "by default". This would ensure
> that user gets 100% functionality of the product with a
> single purchase eliminating efforts and time waste related
> with what-else-I-have-to-buy. On another hand this would
> ensure that third-party tools are sold with every Studio
> purchase. Maybe there would be an increase in the price of a
> bundle, but this might reduce prices for the third party
> tools because these would be sold with 100% efficiency (with
> each Studio purchase). So the final price of the bundle
> should be lower than buying each of those tools separately.

There is the superbundle now that comes with all the top selling add-ons:
Enterprise, Quartam Reports Pro, Galaxy Studio, Animation Engine, Valentina
Pro ADK and a nice support plan, with some savings.

The problem with pre-installation is that it can enrage a certain customer
segment if its not handled carefully; just like the "bundled demo". Here is
a really nasty one (names removed) - I downloaded a supposedly 540 MB
product that I purchased. On broadband, that doesn't take forever but it
takes some time. When I get the product and install it, to my chagrin, there
is a third party demo in it that takes up 180 MB of space. No indication
that it was there to begin with. I already owned that product, so the last
thing I needed was a demo of it.

If a demo is very small and doesn't modify the user experience in a way that
it annoying, its possible; there still is some risk though in support
effects. Many years ago now, when I worked at Now Software, we bundled a
sub-selection of Now Utilities with a few of the Apple Performa systems.
While they were very popular (people thought it was part of the MacOS until
they reinstalled and noticed part of the system was missing). It caused a
lot of support issues - Apple would get calls about something related to NU,
and Apple support staff would get mad and tell the customers just to remove
them (which also made customers upset because they liked the features they
added).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations