about Galaxy

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Sep 22 23:08:51 EDT 2006

Even if Galaxy was perfect, Swami's main point would still be valid. Galaxy
presents many features/improvements which really belong Revolution itself.

As much as I like seeing the steady updates in Rev, I'm still disappointed
at the overall progress. For example, pressing return within Rev's script
editor results in me actually able to view the cursor moving around and the
blank line showing up only after a palpable delay.

Galaxy is a lot faster. But, I also had to de-install it because Rev was
crashing a lot, and showing invisible items was really funky. (Overall I
really liked it very much. I'm just gonna wait a couple more versions before
trying it again.)

It's not that I'm opposed to the idea of plugins or providing additional
functionality. Just that when the gap between built-in functionality and
add-on functionality becomes so vast, it's a little discouraging.

But, as I've said before, Rev is the only real option for xTalk environments
at this point ... so we'll just have to live with it.

Stephen Barncard wrote