How do I make a background field?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 22 12:48:03 EDT 2006

Devin Asay wrote:
> "Backgrounds" are a much different beast in Revolution than in
> HyperCard and SuperCard. They're a bit harder to grasp conceptually,
> but once you do, you'll find them much more powerful and flexible.
> They are folded into the concept of groups, so you'll want to find
> out all you want about groups, especially the backgroundBehavior
> property.
>
> I put together some notes about Rev groups for the students in my
> beginning Rev programming class. You can read them at:
>
> http://revolution.byu.edu/groups/Groups.html
>
> See also the discussion on Object Hierarchy and the Message Path in:
>
> http://revolution.byu.edu/scripts/ScriptsCont.html

Excellent stuff, David.

James may also find this article helpful:
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html>

In addition to reviewing the message path, it has interest for the SC
user as it notes how SC's frontScripts and backScripts have been
implemented in Rev, and their relationship to HC's libraries which are
also Rev also supports.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal