attaching "metadata" to a single character

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu Sep 21 21:40:34 EDT 2006

Ken,

Remind me to put sunglasses on before opening the next email with
your name on it!

I tested:

text:
This is a \ really cool solution!

htmlText:

Then, I cut and pasted some text in the field:

text:
\ really cool solution! This is a

htmlText:

The tags stayed "glued" around the character!

Even when I copied just the character by itself.

Now, as long as there is not a small limit on the length of "<a
name=" tags I'm in business! (Now, to figure out how to set the tags...)

Thanks again Ken!

This could work... Since the character must be visible, the tags must
be copied if the user copies and pastes within the field... but it
seems like the tags would copy and paste with the text.