Kill a Standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 21 20:17:23 EDT 2006

Bridger Maxwell wrote:
> Hey,
>  I am sure this is a common question, but I can't find any posts that
> address it.  I compiled a standalone application, but I created my own
> titlebar and my own exit button.  The exit button has the script "delete
> the
> current stack".  This works to hide the stack, but the process never
> dissapears (I am using Windows).  I even have the destroystack property set
> to true.  What is the command to completely close a standalone application?

Use "quit". You only need to delete a stack if it's an external stack
file you want to permanently remove from memory. In the IDE, that's what
your stack is -- an external file. But a standalone is is an executable
and can't be deleted, it can only be quit. Quitting will automatically
close all open stack files too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com