zero-width column boundaries?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 20 20:17:37 EDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> I get it now. Can't you just separate the table data with tabs on
>> those particular lines?
>
> Unfortunately some of the text brushes up against the edges (it's a very
> tight fit in a field that has to be of a certain size), and with the
> change in font metrics it'll push the next column over. :(

I can't think of any other way to do it then, except to use one of the
formattedwidth scripts people have posted. If you don't have too much
data it should work okay, I've done some similar things and it was
pretty fast.

Sorry it took me three posts to grok what you meant, I guess I'm having
a slow comprehension day.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com