Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 20 10:53:01 EDT 2006

Derek Bump wrote:
 > I'm trying to get my standalone to load before Windows does.
 > Much like those Anti-programs that load before Windows starts
 > (like Norton AntiVirus and Lavasoft Ad-Aware).  Unfortunately,
 > the best I've been able to do is get my standalone to run
 > *after* Windows has started.  I can hide the desktop icons,
 > but the taskbar is still visible.

Like most apps, Rev uses the Win API to do its thing, so Win must be
loaded for the API to be available.

Such a specialized need will require something deeper, perhaps talking
directly to the BIOS. I'm no Windows expert -- maybe Chipp's engineer
can chime in for guidance.

If you don't mind my asking, what does your app do that it needs to run
outside of Windows?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal