simple mailto hack (Re: Digest Reply Link)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Sep 18 12:35:00 EDT 2006

Andre-

Sunday, September 17, 2006, 3:49:34 PM, you wrote:

> This is working on Mac OS X. So, one can change the way the digest
> work so that every message in the digest carry a mailto url for
> replying to that message.

That *is* the way the digest works. Each individual message in a MIME
digest includes a Content-Type header identifying it as type
"message/rfc822" and "MIME-Version 1.0". The headers of the individual
message are not changed, allowing mail reader client apps to function
as they normally would for single messages. All the header information
*is* in the digest already - it's up to client apps to handle it
properly. If it didn't work this way I'd never be able to put up with
digest mode.

Check section 5.1.5 (Digest Subtype) of rfc 2046:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net