Invoke default mp3 player on Windows

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:27:01 EDT 2006

I don't think it's even necessary to do this. As long as the user has
a version of Windows Media Player installed on their system that
supports mp3 playback, you should be just fine using a player object
like you do on the Mac side. This is how my company's software works,
and we have had no problems at all.

So I would recommend just using a player object like normal and then
test the heck out of it. But I really think you'll be okay. Unless
you need to support Windows 95 for some odd reason. Then you may run
into problems. Not sure if there's a version of WMP for Win95 that
supports mp3 playback or not.

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally