OT: (semi) Solving Issues On Windows

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Sun Sep 17 21:41:44 EDT 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 9:22 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Sivikatirswami,
>
> You know, the problem may not be Windows, but Apple's implementation
> of Quicktime on PC's.

I second this. I have visited the QT for Windows team... without
saying more, this visit explains a lot! Making QT run perfectly on
Windows is not (nor has it ever been) an Apple top priority, to
understate the situation.

We have had consistent issues with QT on Windows throughout the last
decade.

Once (if?) Revolution will play .swf files natively, even with
embedded FLV video, I will probably steer that way, FLV/.swf files
have amazingly identical behavior on OS X & WinXP.

Maybe Macromedia can be convinced to lend Rev a programming hand to
make this happen?