Parsing iTunes RSS Feed

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Sep 17 07:27:07 EDT 2006

I'm getting an error here:

  put revXMLNodeContents(tCurrTree,"/rss/channel/itunes:summary/") into
tSummary

where the source is

<itunes:summary>Summary Text here.... </itunes:summary>

As an XML infant and  RSS baby, I need help...
how does one parse  nodes like
<itunes:summary>
<itunes:email>

etc. That: node{colon]parameter... is news to me.

Also  stand  alone tags return empty:

put revXMLNodeContents(tCurrTree,"/rss/channel/item/enclosure/") into
tURL

if /enclosure is:

<enclosure
url="http://www.himalayanacademy.com/audio/inspiredtalks/gurudeva/taka/1998/gr-taka_1998-11-05.mp3"

length="5048830" type="audio/x-mp3" />

Rev doesn't see  the [space /] as a valid end  tag and  simply does not
parse the data....

Sivakatirswami

alias
  "too lazy to spend 3 hours figuring this out when i can post to
UseRevolutionlist"

and

  "Oh my! I may have to reincarnate just to pay back the debt I owe to
all the generous souls on this list." (smile)

www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/
(and built w/ Revolution)