Invoke default mp3 player on Windows

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Sep 17 05:40:34 EDT 2006

Right, I'm familiar with "launch" ....use it a lot, but not with Windows.

launch "foo.mp3" with "/whatPath?/toWhat.exe?"

I presume Windows Media Player can handle .mp3 Y/N?

Where does he live... i.e. how to find the path to WMP?

get shell("start WMP.exe") could work, but how to  pass
a document path to that  cmd?

and that  old problem with launch: if the  application is already open
you get nothing
just "Process is aready open." Or  has that behavior changed but the docs
are not uptodate?

So, yes, launch is there but  there are still those ?'s

Sivakatirswami