Digest Reply Link

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 16 16:18:46 EDT 2006

Dar Scott wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> Friday, September 15, 2006, 1:52:31 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Ya know what would be nice for us Digest users? A link in each
>>> message to reply to that message. Otherwise I have to build the reply
>>> using copy paste. Just a thought. I don't mind copy pasting the
>>> quoted text, but at least an address and a Re: <subject here> would
>>> help.
>>
>> Not sure what you're referring to here. To reply to the list I just
>> hit my "Reply" button. Maybe you need a different email client app.
>
> And how does that Reply button know what part of the digest I want to
> reply to.  That is, what subject to put into the reply.  Does it know
> what part of the digest is in front of me or where I have selected?
> The last I used a digest (maybe last century), a digest was just an
> email.  Is it somehow smart nowadays?
>
> As in the the chainsaw joke, "What's that noise?!!!"
>
> I liked Robert's idea, but I have a feeling we are missing something.

Maybe we could turn the problem inside-out:
It shouldn't be too hard to toss together a lil' Rev stack that displays
the list archives and handles setting up reply emails.

The archives are here:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/>

A little UI, a couple libURL calls, and it's done....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal