Good ways to overcomplicate your code and slow down development

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Sep 15 13:43:15 EDT 2006

Mark ,

> Comments. Don't put in comment lines - they only slow down trying to
> read the actual code. Code, especially xtalk, should be readable by
> itself. If your code needs comments then it isn't well written.

I don't fully agree with that... I usually don't add any comments to my
scripts (mostly because I'm lazy), but in very special occasions I find it
usefull, if not necessary...
for instance for algos optimized to run very specific tasks at lightspeed and
whose inner logic isn't obvious at first glance...

JB