Good ways to overcomplicate your code and slow down development

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Sep 15 09:45:10 EDT 2006

Josh Mellicker wrote:

> What do you think are the 3 (or 5 or 10) most common timewasters of
> Rev programmers?

Don;'t know about 3 (or 5 or 10) most common, but I can tell you the
number one biggest timewaster  for a Rev programmer.

1.   This email list.

I can't tell you how much time I spend reading it, and getting
interested in other peoples' issues, problems, challenges, etc. when I
*should* be busy designing / coding / typing / testing.

Fortunately, when you do hit a problem,  this list is also the biggest
time-saver - so it balances out :-)

--
Alex Tweedly    alex at tweedly.net   http://www.tweedly.net