Folder permissions question

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Sep 15 09:24:05 EDT 2006

I have a permissions problem that occurs once in a great while when
people install my standalone on their computer.  This doesn't happen
often.

I do not use an installer.  The program is zipped or stuffed,
depending on the platform.  The folks unzip/unstuff it and put it
wherever they want on their computer.

99% of the time, the game folder installs properly.  Every so often
however, the folder permissions are set to Read Only, and the game
cannot update its own files, causing problemos.  I have no clue as to
why this happens to some folks.

Has anyone else experienced this?  And is there a solution?  At one
time I had the following set during install, but later took it out:

get shell("chmod 777 " & quote & theDirectory & quote)

theDirectory being the full path to the game folder that they are installing.

Do I need to put it back in?

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software