Good ways to overcomplicate your code and slow down development

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu Sep 14 20:48:47 EDT 2006

Hi Dar,

On Sep 14, 2006, at 4:13 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> I can't tell if you are being ironic or are serious.

Can't tell meeself sometimes! ;-)

I was serious though, that at least in some apps I'm working on,
these techniques slowed development down with little or no upside.

I'm sure that "it depends..."

If you're aware of the fame and impact the 15 minute Ruby on Rails
demo (http://www.rubyonrails.org/screencasts) has had on web
developers, you know speed is as much, if not more, an issue as ever.

What do you think are the 3 (or 5 or 10) most common timewasters of
Rev programmers?