XP Home vs. Pro vs. Embedded

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Thu Sep 14 12:03:02 EDT 2006

I've used an embedded XP machine (the Akimbo player).  It let's you piece
together the OS that you want to run on a dedicated piece of
hardware.    Since it is embedded on something, you know what drivers are
needed, etc.  You can throw out parts of the OS you know you won't need,
and so get a more memory and disk-space compact version of XP.