windows shell & copy text

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Sep 14 01:09:05 EDT 2006

At 11:09 PM -0600 9/13/06, Dar Scott wrote:
>There is a way, with an external, to get the contents of field, if
>it is a standard field in a recognizable window hierarchy.  I have
>seen some tools that create a tree so one can find the path to the
>field.
>There is also a way to find the frontmost window.

Thanks Dar, but the goal is to get only the hilited text from that
field onto the clipboard.

In the Applescript I sent, the following does a 'command key C' or
copy which gets the
hilited text of the frontmost window:

	tell application "System Events"
		key code 8 using command down
	end tell

So, I need to be able to do a 'copy' using the frontmost window.

ciao,
sims

European Rev Conference  2006
www.techietours.com