grabbing audio from web: stopped working for one tester

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Sep 14 01:12:57 EDT 2006

All I can say it that I can confirm major problems on Windows QT players
where filenames
are set to remote "http://" URL.s

I just got this report from a tester this morning...

=======

I managed to test this on a IBM laptop PC running XP and it took
awhile to open the the inital application after selecting "Run
Online Media Viewer".  I thought this might be bandwidth related
but it finally came up and the first slide appeared
but the audio took over 20 seconds to finally start.  The slides
appeared to transition quicker than 40 seconds and looked fine but
once I selected the other link below it the entire application
locked up and forced by to reboot.  So, when I interrupted the
first link it would not transition to the next without completely
freezing up.

trouble is: I have plenty XP users who say everything works
like a charm... very difficult to know what strategy to
take from here..

Sivakatirswami