Player Questions

John Miller johnmiller1950 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 13 14:49:07 EDT 2006

Greetings All,

I have several questions this afternoon. . .

1.  I am using Klaus Major's "makemesmile" function to play songs in
REV.  If there is just one song in the list, I can figure out the
duration.  However, if there are two or more songs in the list, the
duration reported during the playback of the first song is the
duration of just that song.  The duration reported during the
playback of the second song is the cumulative duration of both
songs . . . and so on.  Is it possible to get a report of the
duration of all the songs together from the very start?

2. I would like to report which song is playing, but I'm not sure how
to retrieve this information.

3. Klaus made his "makemesmile" function available to me because I
was running into long file names that contained odd characters.  For
the most part, his script works fine.  However, the following files
refuse to play, and I'm wandering if anyone knows why.  They play OK
in iTunes.  I thought maybe I was running up against a character
limitation, but I have other songs that have longer names, and they
play OK.

/Documents/iTunes Music/ICE (The Island Choral Experience) & Friends/
World's Greatest Hymns & Songs of the Bible Vol. 5 - Kids Sing
Praises/This Is My Commandment.m4p

/Documents/iTunes Music/Compilations/I Could Sing Your Love Forever
Kids_ 12 Modern Worship Songs for the Next Generation/I Could Sing of
Your Love Forever.m4p

/Documents/iTunes Music/Compilations/America's 25 Favorite Praise &
Worship Choruses for Kids, Vol. 3/Cry of My Heart.m4p

/Documents/iTunes Music/Joshua Messick/Stillness/Selah (Prelude in C
_ More Precious than Silver _ Canon in D _ Y.m4p

/Documents/iTunes Music/Compilations/America's 25 Favorite Praise &
Worship Choruses for Kids, Vol. 3/We Will Glorify.m4p

Thanks for any and all help you can give.

Sincerely,
John Miller