drag btn from stack to stack

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Sep 13 00:36:13 EDT 2006

Recently, sims wrote:

> I want to drag a button from  stack one into stack two
> and have a new button with the characteristics of that original
> 'stack one button' appear on stack two.
>
> Anyone have an example stack for doing this?

The best way I know how to do this is to place the button (or a
representation of it) in a palette window and move the palette in sync with
the cursor at the screenMouseLoc.  Just like the Rev IDE does when dragging
out a new control -- hey, you might be able to capture a script there.

Otherwise, if nobody offers an example of this, you could take a look at the
code in this Mastermind-inspired game done several years ago:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/kodekraker.rev"

It uses a palette-dragging technique though not across multiple windows.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design