Forcing a variable to evaluate as an object reference

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 17:54:10 EDT 2006

try this variation
I always do the following progression

put ("put" && quote & it & quote && "into field" && i) into cmd
do cmd

Now set a breakpoint and use variable watcher to see what cmd holds.
If all looks good, then copy the cmd string in variable watcher and paste
into a word processor that can display high ascii.  Look for a trailing
space or tab or null that will make the name you are using different from
the named field.  Now do the reverse and see if the field name has a
trailing space.

If that all looks correct, then set a breakpoint before the 'do cmd' and see
if there is a variable 'inst2' already defined.  This may cause a conflict
with the field naming, but should not with the quotes around the name.

Let us know.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas