sheet not blocking?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Sep 11 20:11:25 EDT 2006

No, but I've had issues with other modal dialogs I've created in
regard to mouseclicks somehow 'clicking through' to a field below.

Ken Ray has got me out of the box, making new interfaces. In this
case I've been experimenting with using a group as a dialog, but of
course the problem is that execution continues. I'd somehow have to
figure a way to fake the modality (limiting the cursor?, wait with
messages?).

Groups are nice for dialogs as they come up quickly and stay
positioned in their window and travel with it. It's not so much of a
'big deal' compared with bringing up a new stackwindow. They are also
a lot easier to debug.

So I haven't got it to a point where it could be an answer
replacement, however it's perfect for, say, a prefs panel, or showing
running data.

http://barncard.com/groupDialog.png

"drag the owner of me" in the "titlebar" makes it pretty easy.

The idea is not original, I got it from a Rev'r in Spain, who had a
prefs panel like that.

sqb

--
stephen barncard