Date Comparison Problems (was Date)

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Sep 10 05:26:07 EDT 2006

Just curious... instead of an array...might the dateitems function
(which I use a lot) be more intuitive-helpful?
wherein the order of items is fixed unlike the array hash order?

After  validation,

convert tDOB to dateitems
# keep it stored as dateitems list
# access items as needed for YYYY, MM, DD

# future  test:

if DateAsSeconds(tDOB) > DateAsSeconds(the date) then
    answer "That's the future!" with "Oops, try again..."
    exit to top
end if

function DateAsSeconds tDate
  	convert tDate to seconds
	return tDate
end DateAsSeconds

I've  just used dateitems for so  long
I think I have it memorized

year: item 1 of tDOB etc.

not as "cool" or terse as using arrays,
but more transparent.  Of course, maybe  you have good reason for
using an array....

skts