closeField

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Sep 9 14:55:49 EDT 2006

Richard-

Saturday, September 9, 2006, 11:19:56 AM, you wrote:

> Mark Wieder wrote:

>> I've been working on a legacy app where closeField was used to make
>> sure field data got saved before exiting. This had some serious
>> consequences, like crashing the IDE when you switch to another app and
>> back again.

> This is the first I've heard of such trouble.

> What does the handler look like?

Er... it's complicated. It's not closeField itself that's causing the
problem, but mostly the complicated routines that are called from the
closeField handler. And mostly the problems come about when the OS
focus has shifted to another app and back. I'm thinking that things
like "the target" aren't working properly when there's no focus.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net